Friday, July 08, 2005

London

Well, the more I think about it, the more pissed off I am. Fortunately, we haven't watched much of the news coverage. I have a tendency to get news-addicted when major world events like this occur. However, because of Ryan, we've had the tv off. Good for all of us, plus it's given me time to think.

I'm glad that Ryan (and Morgan) is young enough that we can keep him in ignorance. I've been contemplating how in the world we could explain this to him. He understands Good Guys vs Bad Guys, and that's the tactic I would take.

The thing I'm really wrestling with is my own emotions about him. I really, really hate the idea that he will one day need to face the reality of things like this. That Bad Guys really do exist. That Terrible Things happen.

But--Good Guys exist, too! They don't have superpowers, like Spider-Man, but they are real. WE are the Good Guys. Well, now, that's comforting.

And Good Guys KICK ASS.

Long Live the Good Guys.

No comments: