Friday, August 05, 2005

Quote of the Moment

Having just discussed this very topic with a friend of mine, I was pleasantly surprised to find my (almost) exact words of wisdom in a children's book:

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."

--Linus, from It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Now, in truth, I do discuss religion and politics with a great many people. Although I did avoid doing so in work situations, back when I "worked" for a living.

However I rarely, if ever, talk about my deep and abiding passion for the Great Pumpkin. It's almost too sacred to utter aloud.

I know you understand where I'm coming from here.

1 comment:

me said...

With you on this - at work, political and religion discussions almost always lead to bad things. People may ask about it, but they're basically wanting to know that you agree with them rather than your actual views. If the views don't meld, this discussion can absolutely back-fire. Not worth the drama.....