Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Well I've Done It Now!

I started my own Yahoo! group. It's called Objectivist Parenting. I've been a member of one Objectivist group or another over the years as well as other parenting groups. Something's always lacking. I think I've pinned it down to a lack of discussion of Objectivism-specific parenting issues. Sure, it's all fine to discuss what to do when Johnny's hitting Susie. In fact, there's often been very informational discussion and I've learned a lot. However, I'm really interested in discussing the philosophy of parenting as applied by Objectivists. Objectivism is a philosophy that specifically espouses individual happiness--that's the goal! So what makes Objectivist parents different from the norm? What parenting techniques will Objectivsts choose, and why? What values are important and how is that decided? How will children of Objectivists turn out (perfect, of course!!!)?

These and other questions answered (hopefully!) at Objectivist Parenting!

No comments: