Thursday, December 08, 2005

Across the Universe

I know there are tributes a-plenty out there on the internet and in the world, but I couldn't let this day go by without writing something.

I was 10 when John Lennon was murdered. I remember watching the candlelight vigils on television. I remember how shocking it was. Everyone (i.e., the adults in my life) seemed to be affected. It was my first inkling that there was evil in the world.

I was 25 when I really, really listened to The Beatles for the first time. Brendan and I have made rather a hobby of their music, both during and after The Beatles. Our kids were introduced to The Beatles at birth. Ryan knows many of their songs by heart.

John Lennon's murder was horrific and I hope that scumbag rots in jail.

But I'm so happy that my family and I can listen to his music whenever we want and remember what a talent he was.

No comments: