Thursday, January 25, 2007

Shiny Wheels

You find yourself, after you have children, saying and doing the strangest things. Things you swore you would never, ever do in a million years. Things only, well, parents (like your own) might do.

And then you became a parent and suddenly many (not all) of those strange and unappealing things other parents did seemed to make sense. They were even desirable. You began to have visions, dreams...dare I say....longings.

Today, one of those dreams was fulfilled.

We actually bought the uncoolest, unhippest, unshiniest vehicle in the entire world: a minivan.

I frickin' love it.

Just imagine:

Its roomy interior--no more feet in faces in the back
Side doors that open as if by magic (or house elves or brownies or some such) at the touch of a button
A place to put my purse
Hooks for grocery store bags
Window shades for the wee ones
Leg room
Room for Grandmas and Nonnies and Friends and Neighbors

Really, the only improvement I can think of hasn't been invented yet (that I know of). It's a directional white noise generator that would drown out any unpleasant sounds from the back. (Let me know if you're interested in working up this project; I can do the business analysis and planning; just need someone to do the engineering.)

Never would I have imagined that I would get a genuine thrill from owning such a car! I have truly moved into another stage of parenthood. I look forward to many roomy car trips!

No comments: