Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Books I Like

How about....a whole list of Books I Like:

The ALA's Top 100 Banned Books List!

Some of my personal favorites include beloved stories I cherished as a child:

And, of course, not to be outdone:
The Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling: WOOHOO! Bloody Brilliant, as Ron would say.

(NEWSFLASH: Book 7 to be published on July 21--already ordered my copy! Last I checked, has the best price: click here for Harry Potter 7.

What in the world?

I must admit to a certain level of disappointment that not one of Ayn Rand's books made it in the Top 100. Either the protestors don't really "get" them or Rand didn't include enough witchcraft to rile them up. (She was notoriously skimpy on the occult references.)

Too bad--they DEFINITELY should be included, if only for the good publicity.

Anyway, enjoy and READ ON!

1 comment:

Michael Caution said...

One of my childhood favorites that I recently rediscovered is The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin. It's a really short murder mystery puzzle that's fun to read. It even won the Newberry Award in 1979.