Friday, March 23, 2007

Non Sequitur

Ryan: Do grownups need to take naps?

Me: Not usually. Sometimes maybe if they're really tired or sick.

Ryan: You mean like if they get a sunburn?

Me: Um, sure. I suppose a bad sunburn could make you feel sick and then you'd want a nap.

Ryan: What's a sunburn?

Me: That's what happens sometimes if you stay out in the sun too long. Your skin can get burned and it can hurt a lot. That's why we put on sunscreen when we're going to be out in the sun for a really long time, like at the beach.

Ryan: Well, it's a good thing I know a lot about scuba diving.

Me: Oh, okay.

Ryan: Remember when the peopleguys were climbing on our roof and they were walking around up there?

Me: You mean when they came to clean the gutters? Yeah, I remember.

Ryan: How did they get up there? Did they use suction cups?

Me: Well, they probably used a ladder. Maybe a rope.

Ryan: Well I think it was suction cups. Did you know I'm a lifeguard?

Me: No, I didn't know that.

Ryan: Yes and I'm a nightguard, too.

Me: (mind boggling)

Ryan: What's a nightguard?

Me: Um, lifeguard?

Ryan: NO! I'm talking about a night guard!

Me: I guess that's a security guard peopleguy who works at night.

Ryan: Yes, that's what I am. And I know all about sharks, too.


And there's more. Ever. So. Much. More.

No comments: