Friday, June 01, 2007

How Many Years Ago Today?

Can't let such an important anniversary go by unacknowledged!

It was 20 years ago today, Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play

Yep! Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was released on this date in 1967. So, 40 years then. (Hooray! Something older than me!)

I know that there will be thousands of tributes today to the absolute brilliance and awesomeness of the Fab Four; this is my small contribution.

Brendan and I have made a semi-serious pasttime of studying the music of The Beatles over the last 15 years. Their music enriches our lives daily. Our 2 year old requested 8 Days A Week in the car just today and then we all sang the words to Love Me Do. Our teacher at Music Class (a mommy-and-me class I attend with Morgan) refers to us as her "Most Beatles Family." Here Comes the Sun was the first song we played to our infants in the hospital.

My favorite song from Sgt. Pepper's is Getting Better.

You've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time

Which pretty much sums up how I've been feeling about life in general lately, troubles notwithstanding. Life is Good.

So are The Beatles.

No comments: