Sunday, June 10, 2007

There Goes The Neighborhood!

Ocracoke Lifeguarded Beach is now at the top of the Best Beaches list. Who knew there was a Best Beaches list?
As you may know, we vacation every August in Cape Hatteras, North Carolina. This year will be our 6th year out there! It's gorgeous and secluded. We usually stay in Rodanthe, a little hamlet of approximately 67 full-time inhabitants*, much further north than the beach on the big list.

Maybe now they'll get a Starbucks on one of the islands, since they've hit the big time and all! Only thing I really miss, way the hey-ell out there. Every year I consider what it would be like to become a full-time resident and open up a Starbucks franchise. I suspect it would be very lucrative, but every year I return to Georgia anyway.

So, I just thought that was neat, topping the big list. It really is so very beautiful out there, in a stark, bold way. When on the beach, I really feel like I'm standing on the edge of the world somehow. Only 2 more months to go!

*I'm guessing, but it really can't be much more than that, honest.

No comments: