Monday, July 09, 2007


Last night, I was sitting on the couch with my little boy, just watching him, drinking him in. And it occurred to me that he was really truly growing up, no longer a baby. His face has lost that baby look, his jawline is more defined, his nose is peeling a bit from our adventures in the sun the other day, and he even has a few freckles on his nose and cheeks. His hair, which needs cutting, sticks up here and there with a boyish flair. His wide brown eyes are intelligent, curious, big and gorgeous.

And then, as I was literally watching my child and thinking about how grown up he is--he pulled out his tooth! Right in front of me, as if to emphasize that yes, he's growing up and there's nothing I can do to stop it. Cruel, really. :o)

Yep, my baby's all growns up! Oh, and so proud of his lost tooth! Wants to shout it to the world. Didn't even freak about the little bit of blood, although there was a moment of panic when we couldn't find the special bag I bought him to store all of his lost teeth--he's starting a collection, you know.

Then he wanted to know--seriously--how many years until he was a teenager! Sheesh--what does he want next, his driver's license? Too funny.

No comments: