Saturday, July 07, 2007

Some Kid Funnies

Ryan's building a wharf or some such in my family room right now. Keeps talking about "boobies in the water" which are of course buoys in the water. So very, very hard not to laugh.

Yesterday, Morgan and I were practicing telling bugs to go away. (We give them words to say and things to do when encountering things they fear and then practice. Still might be afraid of bugs or lightning, etc., but I've found they are calmer in future situations when they know what to do or say. Nice to have a plan, makes a person feel--and be--more in control.)

We had practiced spiders and ants and bees when I suggested wasps.

She didn't hesitate. "Go away Wops! Leave me alone!" she screamed as she practiced running away.

Reminded me of the "I don't care how many dago guinea wop greaseball goombahs come crawling out of the wordwork!" line from The Godfather.

No comments: