Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Essay Contest Winners

I see that the names of the winners of the Anthem and Fountainhead essay contests were released. Congratulations to them!

I wonder if any there have been any homeschooled winners in the past. Does anyone know? I can't imagine that we (and the other Objectivist homeschoolers I know, and I sure am meeting a lot of them!) are the first "generation," if you will, to homeschool their kids. Or that non-Objectivist homeschooled kids haven't read and appreciated the books and entered the contests.

Just a little muse to begin my day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a regular at this site that is for calorie counters, dieters, and fitness nuts (yes Im trying to drop some poundage) called calorie-count.com. One day I get a cute private message from a user. Turns out she is a big fan of Ayn Rand (its in my site profile, too) and this young lady had won the Anthem prize! Cool, huh? I felt a pang of megalomania!

Its a small world after all.

--Marnee

Rational Jenn said...

How cool is that! Indeed, I'm finding, to my delight, more and more Objectivists all around. Hooray!

Will try the calorie count website--looks cool. Thanks!