Monday, September 24, 2007

Check Me Out!

This evening, almost on a whim but not quite, I submitted an outline for a magazine article to Life Learning Magazine. LLM is a very interesting magazine about homeschooling--unschooling in particular. I've been a regular reader for a couple years now.

Guess what? I heard from the editor very quickly and I am now writing an article for the Jan/Feb 2008 issue! I have excited and nervous heart palpitations all at the same time. Excited, because yay! The editor liked my outline. Nervous, because yikes! Now I have to deliver the article! I'm not sure how much I should or can go into the article at this time, but I'll give you a hint--it's about peopleguys.

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to point you to my semi-new blog called Check Your Premises. It's a blog name I acquired last summer as part of my world domination strategy. At first my plans were to separate out my Official Philosophical Musings into this other blog and save the Funny, Mommy, OMG pieces for Rational Jenn. Then I decided that was not only more work for me but would be very difficult and silly. And if there's one thing I can't stand is doing something both difficult AND silly. Difficult? No prob. Silly? You bet. Both? Sorry.

And then, in that Grinchy way I have about me, I got an idea. An awful idea....Yes, I got a Wonderful, Well....Not Really Awful Idea! I pestered some of my Objectivist friends who live in metro Atlanta to join my blog and create a big group hug of a blog-along! A blog-along really fits neatly into my world domination plans.

There are lots of neat-o Objectivist people here in Atlanta, which makes it nice and fun to live here. The reason we all live in the same city, you might presume, is to make it easier for us to get together and enjoy each others' company. You might presume this, but you'd be wrong. The stars have not been aligned such that it has been simple or feasible to have our weekly Hoe Down-Throw Downs. I blame these very same stars for Britney Spears' lack of panties, since these things all seemed to start at about the same time.

So I pestered and pestered my friends about CYP, and some of them even signed up! (I do have most of them trained to do what I want--say it with me "world domination!") We have been posting here and there on CYP for the last month or so. Starting slowly, just taking it out for a test drive. But I have a feeling we'll be taking it out on the highway soon (the information superhighway, if you know what I mean....oh! it is to laugh and I'm so nodding my head slowly and knowingly right now). So, to make a long ramble over and done with....go check it out! :o)


Ben Sayer said...

Congratulations on the writing gig! I'm intrigued by your semi-new blog too. I'll check it out.

Rational Jenn said...

Thanks very much! I'd love to hear what you think!