Monday, September 03, 2007

Finding The Funny In Mommydom

You know why I don't have 6 children? Because it's hard enough to go grocery shopping with just the 2. It's a whining, grabbing, peanut-fraught free-for-all nightmare. And that's just me, never mind the children.

However, there is a funny mommy brave enough to go to the grocery store with 6 kids, who lives to tell the tale and does it in a funny way! She actually ended up selling one of the items her kids sneaked into the shopping cart on a recent grocery excursion on EBAY. Yes, eBay. Brilliant! She also has a blog and wrote about the shopping trip, because eBay will not keep her auction up forever. Highly worth reading!

I aspire to be this funny. I had a moment where I came close, but I need to work on some more entries. It's been a year and a half for pity's sake!

There's really no point to having children if you can't see the humor in it. Parenting is the funniest occupation in the world! (Although if you have outgrown potty humor, I don't recommend it. Suffice it to say, the word "duty" can still crack me up, especially from Kant.)


Family Adventure said...

Hi Jenn,

I just found your blog, and you have me in stitches. You are funny! I will check out the link you posted here as well - but seriously, love the post about being fired by your 5 year old. I've been there, am still there at times with my just-turned-7-year-old. You are doing a good job staying sane :)

Rational Jenn said...

Hi! Glad to see you here! I checked out your blog and it sounds like you're having some wonderful adventures. Thanks for stopping by.