Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Well Now I've Really Done It!

After expressing my extreme displeasure at Ryan's behavior while I was trying to talk on the phone (chanting "Poop!" repeatedly in the background and kicking the bathroom door after I tried to go in there for privacy), I have been ordered by him to call the cops to have myself placed into custody.

"I mean it! You are under ARREST!" That's what he just said screamed.

It's really so funny, especially the 'poop' part. (Let's face it--poop is always hilarious.) I mean, who wouldn't want to be talking on the phone to one's mother-in-law with that accompaniment! She has a good sense of humor, though and pretended not to hear him. I can see that this would be even funnier if it was your grandchild rather than your child acting like this!

Off to turn myself in, horrible mommy that I am. I suppose I'll have to throw myself on the mercy of the court. If the judge has kids, then I'll be acquitted in no time!


Monica said...

How funny. At least he didn't call 911. My niece did that once, reported her parents for something dumb. I don't even remember what it was. Just trying to get attention.

Rational Jenn said...

Oh my. I am afraid that's coming, but so far (I think) he associates 911 mostly with firemen and paramedics, not police. I hope we've impressed the point that when grownups are around, then THEY are the only ones to call 911. Think I'll keep better track of where all the cordless phones are, just in case!

I wonder how many such calls 911 gets like that each year?