Monday, October 29, 2007

Objectivism FAQs

I found out about this on HBL this morning. At the new website for The Ayn Rand Lexicon (it's free!), there is a FAQ section that answers some common questions about the philosophy.

  • I have finished reading Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead, and I want to learn more about Objectivism; where should I begin?
  • Where can I read Ayn Rand's view on …?
  • Does Objectivism support Libertarianism?
  • Is Objectivism atheistic? What is the Objectivist attitude toward religion?
  • What was Ayn Rand's view on charity?
  • Does Objectivism hold that all individuals have something valuable to contribute? What about people who lack creativity or ability? Would they fit into a pure capitalist society?
  • What is the connection between an individual's moral worth and his intelligence, in the Objectivist view?
  • I am interested in attending lectures on Objectivism. How can I find out if there are any in my area?
These are good questions to include in the FAQ, because Ayn Rand's ideas on some of these topics are often misunderstood, even by people who are supportive of Objectivism. Click on over to read the answers.

No comments: