Thursday, October 11, 2007

Out In The World

My regularly scheduled brilliant blog remarks have been somewhat disrupted by what I described to a friend as being Out in the World. I trust you'll understand.

We took the kids to see the scarecrows at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens yesterday and then both of my kids, both!, had swimming lessons. Today we went to music class and got to visit the Car Tag Peopleguys, not one of whom reminded me of Patty or Selma. Oh wait--they worked at the driver's license bureau. Never mind.

We went out and had dinner with some friends tonight and talked and talked and I have discovered that I really am quite a dorky person. (You like it.)

Oh, and I got to drive the NEW CAR yesterday and. . . . it was a dream. It really was. So I now get the car thang a little bit more.

Tomorrow we have a playground trip planned and some packing because on Saturday. . . . we are going to DisneyWorld, baby! I cannot wait. It's one of my most favoritest places ever. Brendan and I went there for our honeymoon, if that gives you any indication of how much we love it.

I will probably be putting more pictures soon--today or tomorrow--on the FamBlog, since I haven't done that in ever so long and I need to empty the memory card on the camera before we go to DisneyWorld, baby!

Anyway, so that's what I've been up to. Out in the World. The World is a fun place to be out and about in. Also, it's easier to keep the house neat and tidy when we are literally not here. Another great perk. I like that.


Charlie said...

Here's a request for a future posting. How about a detailed examination why you love Disney World? Not just because of the kids, but why you, as an adult, love it.

I have been to Disney, and I rank it up there with attending an extended Catholic mass -- in Latin -- as someplace I would have to be drugged and shackled to keep me there.

Seriously. I can't fathom why a reasonable adult would want to spend time there voluntarily. And since you are an eminently reasonable adult, I'm honestly interested in your thoughts on this. Who knows? Maybe I haven't judged Disney in the right light?

Rational Jenn said...

I think I will do that!

I will pay extra special attention once we get there to the things I really like (and the things I don't). It will help me concretize my reasons, which are many, but still somewhat ephemeral, at least until my coffee has fully engaged.

I'll say this though--it is a place on earth that is dedicated to the benevolent universe premise, and that's a happy thing. Way more fun than Mass--Latin or otherwise.

More to come, thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

Umm, if Disney is like a Latin mass, count me in!!!!