Thursday, October 04, 2007

Secessionist Convention

Hmmmm....I had considered this matter closed, but evidently it's not! According to this article, ". . . that there are secessionist movements in more than 25 states, including Hawaii, Alaska, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Texas."


The Middlebury Institute, based in Cold Spring, N.Y., was started in 2005. Its followers, disillusioned by the Iraq war and federal imperialism, share the idea of states becoming independent republics. They contend their movement is growing.

The coffee molecules have only just begun to penetrate my brain cells. I'm not quite sure what to think. Nonplussed is a good adjective for me just now. I suppose I'll have to keep my eye on this one!

1 comment:

Aquinas Dad said...

This is just the tip of the iceberg - the TIP! If you want to see the strangest collection of secssionist around, check out this place:

and check out the various 'sedition' and 'reconstruction' links on the left. For example, did you know there is a specific movement to have the US state of Georgia declare independence? Or another for an independent Long Island?

Then you can get to the *true* weirdness....