Tuesday, October 09, 2007

To Dream The Impossible Dream

I don't quite get the whole Car Thang. I guess it must have something to do with my being female or possibly just not "getting" the whole car thang. Sure, I enjoy cars and I've come to appreciate luxurious perks such as Doors That Slide Open As If By Magic and navigation systems and heated leather seats and a place to store my sunglasses. I like cars better when they don't break down a whole bunch and don't cost that much to fix when they do. I like cars with safety features like air bags and seat belts and white noise generators to drown out the sounds of dissonance in the back seat.

My husband, being male, or possibly just being one of Those People who Get Cars, gets cars. He has been fantasizing about a particular convertible since before our son was born. When our son was born, he bought this child a matchbox car in the exact model and color of this dream car. When our son was bigger, my husband bought a bigger exact model of this car (in the proper color of course).

Well.....today he got one.

:o)

I haven't driven it yet, but I sat in it and.....wow. Maybe I could get into this Car Thang although I should really suppress the urge until we are past the minivan years, I suspect. But really, the car is very amazing. In fact, it's so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend your picking one up. (I'm just full of movie lines today.)

I tried to find a stock image of this car, but had to settle for a link to a car that is the same color and year and etc. as his. Although the leather seats Brendan got are a nice dark tan/brown ("saddle" I think it's called). So click here if you want to see it (his is blue and a 2002 model and by the way he paid nowhere near that much!).

I'm happy for you, sweetie! And it really has nothing to do with the fact that the car is in my name, too! Honest.

2 comments:

COD said...

For just a second there, I was really hoping you were leading up to a 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California.

The Lexus ain't bad though. ;)

Personally, my dream car is a 1967 Mustang Convertible. Probably going to have to wait until the kids are out of the house though.

BTW, you are violating a cardinal rule of homeschoolers. We are all supposed to be dirt poor from scraping by on one income and donating 25% of our income to the church. We aren't supposed to drive nice cars :)

Qwertz said...

If you like that Lexus, you'll love this Lexus. Scheduled for production beginning MY 2009. Exciting!

I do so much heart the Toyotas. Toyotae. Toyotii? Wait, what's the plural of Lexus? Lexii? Lexae? Who's up on their Not-Really-Latin Latin?

~Q