Thursday, November 01, 2007

16th Objectivist Carnival!

Welcome to the November 1, 2007 edition of the Objectivist Round Up. It's short and sweet this week!

Flibbert presents The History of Unions posted at Flibbertigibbet, saying, "This post isn't actually about the history of unions. The history of unions is mentioned, but it's mostly about how I hate unions. And who doesn't love a good rant?" I know I sure do!

Monica presents Northern Exposure II and the Hatred of Sports posted at Spark A Synapse, saying, "Many of my posts this week were rants. I don't like submitting such things, so I'm submitting something light and funny instead. There is one other post that I've considered submitting this week, entitled "Property Rights are Good, Not Bad, for Environmental Conservation." I'm not submitting it at this time because it contains factual errors on my part, pointed out by a reader. Until those get straightened out, it's not worthy of the round-up. However, I've had some interesting and ongoing conversations with an environmentalist on that post which might be of interest." Thanks, Monica!

Rational Jenn presents And You Thought Your Report Card Days Were Over posted at Rational Jenn, saying, "As I wrote in the comment section to this post: "My right to homeschool is still protected, but it's not guaranteed to stay that way, which is why I keep tabs on my state lawmakers when they fiddle with education laws, why I get concerned when state and federal legislators use phrases like "universal preschool," and when the largest teacher's union wants to get a hold of children from birth." Even though this happened in a different state, I am interested because there's always a chance someone in my state might decide to give something like this a try here." Plus, it's just ridiculous! Sheesh!

We are looking for a few good hosts! If you'd like to host an edition of the Objectivist Round Up, drop me a line at rationaljenn YOUKNOWWHAT gmail YOUGUESSEDIT com. If you host an edition of the Objectivist Round Up, you will almost certainly reap enormous blogging rewards, such as extra blog traffic and undying glory. Also, you can run your edition any way you like--with themes, commentary, etc. It's almost the ultimate blog power in the universe. I'm just sayin'. :o)

Submit your blog article to the next edition of objectivist round up using our carnival submission form. The next deadline is November 7 at 11pm Eastern. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.

Technorati tags:

, .

No comments: