Friday, November 02, 2007

The Bitter Homeschooler's Wish List

Okay. Just read the second article available online at Secular Homeschooling Magazine. It's a list of sarcastic remarks that many homeschoolers have probably at least considered saying out loud from time to time. My favorite is #12:

If my kid's only six and you ask me with a straight face how I can possibly teach him what he'd learn in school, please understand that you're calling me an idiot. Don't act shocked if I decide to respond in kind.
Amen, sister!

Yes--I got a comment like that not too long ago. Well-intentioned even. My kid is technically (according to the government officials who would love to have him) in Kindergarten.

I have above average intelligence, nearly 37 years of life experience (ack!), a Bachelor's Degree, a Master's Degree, I've started a couple businesses here and there, I know how to read and think critically, and I have a freaking TON of common sense.

We'll be okay for a while. Honest. :o)

No comments: