Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Busy Busy Day

I am happy to report that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle birthday cake was a success! We even got to go to Chuck E. Cheese's for the hoedown and let me tell you, that place is rocking. Although I found out (too late) that they do serve beer at The Chuck, which I believe to be a stroke of marketing brilliance.

I always get compliments on the cakes I make and that gives me warm and fuzzies. But for the record, no, I don't think I'll turn into a Cake Peopleguy because it takes too darn long to make them. I'm not that good that I could charge what I'd like to and get people to pay for it. But it is fun to do for my kids and their friends. They usually do turn out nicely.

Tomorrow, more baking! I'm making my Grandmother's Rolls from scratch, with yeast and everything, for Thanksgiving. And a couple of pies, too. We're spending Thanksgiving with our next door neighbors who are also wonderful friends. It will be so nice--low key and fun, because that's how they are. I like that my kids will get to spend the day with their friends and also that I don't have to do all that cooking all by myself. It really helps when you have two ovens and kitchens to use! And a friend to do the cooking with, of course.

You know, I think I'll post the roll recipe later today or tomorrow, along with a story about why the rolls are so important.

No comments: