Monday, November 26, 2007

Getting In The Christmas Mood

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I find that I am really beginning to anticipate a fun Christmas season. Usually, I don't think to myself, "Whee! It's Christmastime!" But I've been doing that all weekend and today. An unintended consequence of postponing my Christmas shopping? Maybe. My sister, aka The Christmas Dork, will be very proud.

I just placed an order on Vermont Nut Free Chocolates for several tins of their delicious peppermint bark, some for us and some to give as gifts. In addition to being safe to have in our house (a must!), the peppermint bark is some of the best I've ever had. Other brands often overpower your senses with peppermint oil which obscures the chocolate. (If I wanted an Altoid, I'd eat an Altoid.) But Vermont Nut Free has a nice balance of milk and white chocolate and yummy peppermint flavor.

Everyone says they have the best--not just us nut-free types. My sister and a friend of mine actually enjoy this peppermint bark more than the other brands you can get at the store. So, obviously, "everyone" means "my sister and my friend."

Anyway, it's totally worth the inconvenience of having to have it shipped to the house. (Actually, having it NOT be convenient at the store is a nice way of not being tempted to buy some more every time I go.) If peppermint bark is your thang, I very much encourage you to give it a try.

No comments: