Friday, November 23, 2007

Gumball Blues

We don't let Ryan eat anything out of a vending machine for a variety of (mostly) peanut-related reasons: can't see the ingredients, don't know what the machine might have had in it prior, don't know about cleaning procedures, etc. And I also don't want to have to get into the "Give me a quarter!" battle every time we leave somewhere, so in this sense, it is kind of nice to have a built-in reason to always say "no."

The poor kid is DYING to try a gumball. I mean, I think he may lie awake at night and fantasize about it. So I thought it might be nice to get him some for Christmas (or if any aunts or uncles are reading this, consider that a Gift Idea). But! Can't seem to find any peanut-safe gumballs. Bazooka's website is very unclear and I don't think they are open today. I found some at Divvie's and while they are of course safe, they're a little pricey.

Any thoughts?

No comments: