Thursday, November 01, 2007

Living With Food Allergies Carnival, 3rd Edition!

Welcome to the November 1, 2007 edition of Living With Food Allergies Blog Carnival! We have many great posts for your perusal today.

I know Halloween was yesterday, but we have a few Halloween-related posts for you to read. Even though Halloween poses many extra challenges for people with food allergies, it is possible to celebrate it safely, with a little creativity! I hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween--I know we did! (Next year, I'll plan a Halloween edition of the blog carnival to be published prior to Halloween! I think that would make more sense, don't you?)


My Buddy Mimi starts us off with Two down, one to go posted at My Buddy Mimi. Three Halloween parties! Wow! There are so many ways in which to celebrate Halloween, which means we need to be vigilant from a food allergy perspective in creative ways.


Ria Sharon presents Happy Halloween! posted at Check My Tag Community. Awesome labeling!


Rational Jenn presents Halloween, Peanut Allergy Style posted at Rational Jenn, saying, "Here's how we do Halloween at our house."


Rachel presents Gluten, Dairy, and Berries, Oh My! or, what?s scarier than a vampire on Halloween? posted at A Gaggle of Girls, saying, "Trick or Treating with food allergies and Celiac disease." Yes, Halloween with food allergies adds a whole new level of scary, doesn't it?


We have many great recipe ideas this week, too, just in time for the approaching holiday season! Keep 'em coming! I'm always looking for new things to make for my family.

Alisa presents Treats Without Tricks posted at BitterSweet, saying, "As Rational Jenn mentioned, try some SunButter in place of the PB for a wonderful nut-free treat. Hannah created the peppermint chocolates with food allergies in mind. Use some spectrum shortening and they are even free of soy! Enjoy Life makes chocolate chips that are candy-worthy and "safe" for most food allergies."


Anne-Marie presents Vegan Pumpkin Pie (no eggs) posted at Anne-Marie, saying, "This is what I make my daughter at Thanksgiving since she can't have eggs. Since she can't have soy milk either, I just use regular cow's milk."

Nowheymama presents Lemon Sauce posted at No Whey, Mama. And may I just say, "YUM."


Alisa presents Eating Vegan ~ Day 3 ~ Comfort Food posted at One Frugal Foodie, saying, "This is really a series. All week on One Frugal Foodie is vegan week as my household gives it a shot in honor of World Vegan Day. Consequently, our diet is egg-free and dairy-free for the week, and many items are also free of other major allergens. It is more a week of quick meal ideas, as I do not like to spend long in the kitchen!"


pnreddy presents How Food Allergies Affect Your Child And How To Treat The Symptoms? posted at Allergy Asthma Zone. Thanks!


Victoria Groce presents The Hygiene Hypothesis: What's Dirt Got To Do With It? posted at About.com Food Allergies. This is a very information article, which explains some of the theory behind the hygiene hypothesis.



That concludes this edition. I'm pleased to announce that Victoria Groce at About.com will be our host for the next edition, which will be published on November 15! Thanks, Victoria! Personally, I hope we see more recipe ideas--in time for Thanksgiving. If you are interested in hosting a future edition of this blog carnival, please drop me a line at rationaljenn AAATTT gmail DDOOTT com (fixing the errors, of course!).


So submit your blog article to the next edition of living with food allergies carnival using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.


STAY SAFE!

Technorati tags:


, .

No comments: