Thursday, November 29, 2007

Living With Food Allergies Carnival #5

Welcome to the November 29, 2007 edition of living with food allergies carnival. We have a great edition this time, so let's get to it!


Every Day Stuff

Leslea Harmon from allergyware.com presents The exact letter I sent to school following a food allergy incident posted at Allergy News - All the News That Itches, saying, "Hopefully this will inspire other parents who are struggling to word an important letter, after an incident at school. It is so important not to alienate the people whose support you need."


allergicmom presents 5 ways to deal when you find out that your child has a major food allergy posted at my kids' allergies. Being inaugurated into the food allergy world is a shocking, life-changing event. Allergicmom has some great coping tips.


Sharon Faelten presents Allergy Self Help: Anatomy of a Food Allergy posted at Allergy Self Help. Sharon discusses many of the intricacies of dealing with food allergies. Very informative.


Rational Jenn presents Word Games: Allergy Or Intolerance? posted at Rational Jenn, saying, "Recently, I've been pondering the implications of using the term "food allergy" when really referring to a "food intolerance" and I think I've finally made up my mind."


pickel presents Discussing Autism » Blog Archive » Why Gluten Free Casein Free? posted at Discussing Autism. This article talks about the autism/food allergen link.


Sam presents Funny Jokes, Free Ecards, Funny Pictures, Stories, Sharp Blogs, Vacations, Famous Quotations, Stories, Free Horoscope, Free Games, News | Surfer Sam posted at Surfer Sam and Friends, saying, "Being on a gluten-free diet is more than a diet. Many people say they didn’t realize how bad they felt until they went gluten-free. Healing starts as soon as you start the diet. And feeling good again is a wonderful payoff. Gluten is a mixture of the proteins found in wheat, rye and barley. A gluten-free diet avoids these grains."


Recipes

Christine presents All Natural Honey Mustard Dressing: No Sugar Added posted at Me, My Kid and Life: An American Single Mom Living in France, saying, "Spicing up your green salad with a fabulous all natural sugar-free Honey Mustard Dressing. Great as a vegetable dip!"


Alisa presents Perfect Pies for Everyone posted at Go Dairy Free, saying, "Thanksgiving may be past, but the demand for holiday pies will last through year's end. This post is dedicated to finding the perfect pie for food allergies (milk, eggs, nuts, wheat/gluten) and other special diets. Of course, I couldn't forget the dairy-free whipped topping recipes either!"


Christine presents Hot Orange Juice and Honey for the Holidays! posted at Me, My Kid and Life: An American Single Mom Living in France, saying, "This is a great, simple, sugar-free, all natural recipe that is perfect for the holidays! It'll put a smile on the kid's faces and warm your soul!. The perfect holiday dessert drink for you, your kids and your friends refraining from alcohol."


Thanks for the great posts, everyone! Leslea Harmon of allergyware.com has agreed to host our next edition in 2 weeks! Thanks, Leslea! Submit your blog article to the next edition of living with food allergies carnival using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.

Technorati tags:


, .


5 comments:

Nowheymama said...

Dang it! I need to tie a string around my computer to remind me. Ah well, I made the deadline for next time.

Jane D. said...

I found this great site with loads of Dairy Free Holiday recipes. I recommended it to my sister who has an autistic child and she loves it. There is also a cool video on the bottom of the page where Rose Cole (founder) is making one of her recipes www.RoseCole.com/HolidayCookbook

Debra said...

I worry about finding tasty gluten free recipes as gluten has been linked to autism and I prefer to just avoid it all together. I’ve tried tons of different recipes and expensive “organic foods” from the stores but I recently came across this website www.RoseCole.com/HolidayCookBook . Rose Cole who is the nutritionist behind the site puts up all these great gluten free recipes in her Holiday Cookbook that are easy and affordable. I think I’m actually looking forward to cooking on the holidays for once. Lol

Debra said...

I worry about finding tasty gluten free recipes as gluten has been linked to autism and I prefer to just avoid it all together. I’ve tried tons of different recipes and expensive “organic foods” from the stores but I recently came across this website www.RoseCole.com/HolidayCookBook . Rose Cole who is the nutritionist behind the site puts up all these great gluten free recipes in her Holiday Cookbook that are easy and affordable. I think I’m actually looking forward to cooking on the holidays for once. Lol

Lori, TX said...

After one of my kids was diagnosed with Autism I have been trying to avoid dairy. I came across this site www.RoseCole.com/HolidayCookbook. Rose Cole is a godsend! Her recipes are so simple and affordable and best off DELICIOUS! Also, there is a really cool free video at the bottom of the page, which is really helpful showing her preparing one of her recipes. Happy Holidays!