Thursday, November 29, 2007

Objectivist Round Up #20!

Welcome to the 20th edition of the Objectivist Round Up! Enjoy!

Stella presents In the battle for universal health care, there are no winners posted at ReasonPharm, saying, "As the 2008 presidential election approaches, candidates are avidly touting their plans for universal health care. The debate is about how to do it, not whether it should be done. Never does the question come up -- does universal health care, or even health insurance as we are familiar with it, make sense at all?" I always enjoy reading Stella's posts. Well worth checking out!

Flibbert presents Another Fun Spanish Expression posted at Flibbertigibbet, saying, "Last week, my blogging was all messed up because of the holiday. I wrote a few mildly interesting posts about how some people think gay stuff, fashion (not the same as gay stuff), movies, books, and lots of YouTube videos, but I think the posts that were the most fun to me this week were the ones in which I share a couple of my favorite Spanish expressions. This one is lots of fun at dinner parties, and since we're entering a season of dinners and parties and dinner parties, I think this is all the more apropos." Awesome!

Monica presents My Thanksgiving Holiday posted at Spark A Synapse, saying, "Last week, I didn't have the time or the internet access to blog about Thanksgiving, so I've decided to share my experience this week instead." Very nice post!

Myrhaf presents The Republican You Tube Debate posted at Myrhaf. Thank goodness someone is watching these--not my cup of tea, so I think it's great to get the scoop from Myrhaf!

Valda Redfern presents Saudi Arabia is not our friend posted at Valzhalla, saying, "Remember the Saudi telethon to raise money for the families of the 9/11 terrorists? Here are a couple more things to remember about how Saudi Arabia spends its oil money."

Jenn presents New Food and Philosophy Book posted at Rational Jenn, saying, "We had a busy week, what with Thanksgiving and a toddler with a broken bone, but I had to pass along the news about a new food book that includes an essay by Objectivist and gastronome extraordinaire, Jennifer Iannolo. Congratulations, Jennifer!" Also, if you want to see pictures of our cabin in the fall, check out the post just below that one!

That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of objectivist round up using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.

Technorati tags:

, .

No comments: