Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Parenting Tip Of The Day

Note to Self: When following a small child down the stairs, refrain from saying "I'm right behind you!" or other such statement that is so impossible for said small child to ignore, such that she is physically compelled to tip her head backwards to look for you. Naturally, she will fail to stop her own descent before tipping that head back, and in doing so, will of course lose her footing and slip down the rest of the stairs.

Fortunately, it was just a few stairs. But still . . . not my best Mommy moment. Oops. And since I'm being brutally honest here . . . I laughed. You know, inside.

She was completely unfazed by the entire incident. No tears or reproachful looks, deserving as I was. She's a resilient little thing.

I know! What was I thinking? (It was comical, though.)

No comments: