Saturday, November 24, 2007

Well . . .

It's a broken collar bone! My poor, poor baby! She must have landed in just the right wrong manner. Fortunately, it's not a bad break and didn't require setting or anything. She'll have to wear a sling and a body wrap to keep her arm immobilized and then somehow, we are supposed to keep her from re-injuring herself for 3 or 4 weeks! How? How?

She and Brendan got back about 4 this morning and of course I hadn't slept either. Ryan is up now and I'll hang here with him for a while until Brendan and Morgan wake up. At least it's Saturday and I can nap.

I'd love some advice if you know anything at all about broken collar bones. Brendan and I predicted that she'd be the first one to really break something (Ryan was borderline with the nose, never got it confirmed). Oh my poor baby.

2 comments:

allergicmom said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that. I have no good advice other than sedentary activities like watching tv to keep her still. Which is terrible advice, I know. But if you resort to that, the library has kids' videos.

Rational Jenn said...

Thanks! TV, we'll definitely be doing that (do too much of it anyway). And a friend suggested crafty things like coloring and play-doh, which she enjoys, fortunately, and will have the use of both her arms within a few days, which boggles the mind.

What's strange is that she seems perfectly fine, hasn't had motrin since this morning. Kids are really tough, I'm learning that.