Monday, December 03, 2007

New Yum

I must share a recent discovery in the world of Yum with you: FAGE Greek Yogurt with Honey.

Greek-style yogurt is much thicker than American yogurt (and I'm not at all sure if high fructose corn syrup-infused Yoplait really should count as yogurt). Greek yogurt has the consistency of ricotta cheese and has a very sharp tangy taste. Which I like. If you like your yogurt a little sweetened, then that's what the honey is for.

A friend of mine brought some to my house the other day and was nice enough to share it. Oh my GAWD. I despaired of locating it near my house though, since I rarely travel to Whole Foods, where she found it. Conceive of my delight upon discovering some FAGE at good old Super Target! Yay! They are targeting suburbanite mommy-types! Hooray for being a powerful demographic!

Morgan even likes it, although she just told me she would rather just eat the honey, like Winnie the Pooh. (We just ate some for lunch.)

I've always said that I must have been Greek in another life (if they really had those, I mean). Make it Greek and it's automatically better. Anyway, give this yogurt a try, because, wow.

6 comments:

Monica said...

I love Greek yogurt too.

Kelly said...

I am so proud to have introduced you to that yummy yummy food. Aaron, the nuthead, hates it. You restored my faith in the tastebuds of my buds.

Rational Jenn said...

It is great stuff! And not terribly bad for you either.

Kelly--you may continue to introduce me to yummy food, particularly if it is Greek. Between you and Marlene, I'm set for the Greek food--Opa!

Myrhaf said...

Sounds delish. Might not be good for a diabetic like me, though. Maybe a small portion.

Rational Jenn said...

I think if you get the kind without honey, or just don't add the honey to the yogurt, it would be very low carb. Just checked the website--the non-honey kind has only 6g of carbs.

I just asked my husband about it (he's diabetic, too) and he said he'd at least give it a try. (I was too selfish to give him a taste today.) Now that I think about it, I think he might just agree to anything right about now, as there is FOOTBALL on. Hmmm....

Androniki said...

Have you tried topping the yoghurt with greek honey? The Attiki variety is probably the easiest to find and is among the best, in my opinion. Rich in flavour, good quality.