Saturday, January 19, 2008

Getting To Know Me

I received one of these questionnaire chain email things from my friend today. Since I have many pressing things to do with my time just now, many of which are Responsible and/or Urgent (think bills, cleaning the house, meeting deadlines), naturally, I chose to spend as much time as possible thoughtfully crafting my responses.

Of course I feel compelled to blog this, as I have many Important and Thoughtful things I should be blogging about (in addition to my Responsible and/or Urgent projects in the actual world). So here they are!

1. What is your occupation? Mommy, Rental Cabin Owner, MLM Dabbler, Kind of a Writer

2. What color are your socks right now? What socks?

3. What are you listening to right now? My hubby reading Cars and Trucks and Things That Go to our kids

4. What was the last thing that you ate? Starbucks decaf peppermint mocha

5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes

6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I so would never be a crayon! Markers all the way!

7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Live--Karen, Voice Mail--Kelly

8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Certainly!

9. How old are you today? 13,573. In days, that is.

10. Favorite Drink? Hmmm....so many. Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, whiskey & soda, beer, unsweet tea, water with lemon

11. What is your favorite sport to watch? On TV--Professional football, Live--Hockey

12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Naturally! (note clever response--yeah, you like it)

13. Pets? 2 cats, 1 frog, a couple dozen ants, and one venus flytrap (that counts!)

14. Favorite food? Greek food. OMG--spanakopita, dolmathes, even gyros! Anything with tsatsiki sauce. Olives. Feta. You get the picture.

15. Last movie you watched? Bridget Jones' Diary, on TV so all the dirty words were altered (boo). Book is much better and more faithful adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. Still, Colin Firth. Uh huh. That's all I'm sayin'.

16. Favorite Day of the year? Halloween or my birthday. My kids' birthdays, too. Actually, I like 'em all.

17. What do you do to vent anger? Blog or bore my friends

18. What was your favorite toy as a child? Stuffed dolphin made by my grandma

19. What is your favorite,spring or fall? Fall

20. Hugs or kisses? Both

21. Cherry or Blueberry? Blueberry

22. Do you want your friends to email you back? Yes!

23. Who is most likely to respond? Karen

24. Who is least likely to respond? Kelly, maybe Eileen

25. When was the last time you cried? Probably sometime in the last couple weeks--I am pg and hormonal. No complete breakdowns for a while though.

26. What is on the floor of your closet? Oh dear--which one? I plead the 5th.

27. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to? That'd be my sister!

28. Who is the friend you have had the shortest that you are sending this to? Kelly

29. Favorite smells? Burning leaves (stole this one from Marlene), new shoes, new cars, the heads of newborn babies, clean kids coming out of the bath. Wine. Whiskey. Yummy dinners that I didn't have to make. Fresh bread.

30. What inspires you? The ideas of Ayn Rand. After that, I'd have to say the stories written by my favorite authors. Actually, I get inspired when people piss me off, too. I get inspired to kick some butt.

31. What are you afraid of? Some stupid bureaucrat doing something to make it more difficult to obtain insulin or Epi-pens. Or Benadryl (which is a possibility). Or other stuff I need like MRIs or food.

32. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheese! Does "bacon" count as spicy? If so, then spicy!

33. Favorite car? You know what? Cars are just not much my thing. Cars that work, I guess. Brendan's convertible is pretty cool, though.

34. Favorite cat breed? Maine coons--they think they are dogs.

35. Number of keys on your key ring? Three, can you believe it? House, car, cabin.

36. How many years at your current job? Going with the Mommy thing, almost 6 years. Cabin, just over a year.

37. Favorite day of the week? That's just silly.

38. How many states have you lived in? Nine, not counting duplicates. CT, VA, SC, IN, PA, CT (again), TX, MI, IN (again), OH (summers in college), GA

39. Do you think you're funny? Without a doubt. Every minute. I crack myself up!

So. There it is.

4 comments:

Monica said...

Maine Coons ARE cool. Do you have one?

I've always wanted one of these big 25 pound cats.
I'd also like a Russian blue, a black cat, and an grey tabby. Unfortunately, my cat will tolerate no other cats in the house! That means any new acquisitions must be dogs for the rest of her lifetime (hopefully another 10 years, at least).

Rational Jenn said...

We have a Maine coon, although she must be either the runt or mixed with a little something else, because she is quite a small specimen of the breed, only about 12 pounds. She has the look and the personality, though. I'll try to post a picture soon.

My brother has a full-blood/non-runt Maine coon who is about 20 pounds. Big, sturdy cat. They do act very much like dogs--more companion than pet. Lots of fun.

Our other cat is a grey tabby! She's cute and very small.

This might sound awful, but our love for the cats changed a whole bunch after the babies arrived, but we still like them. (Well, maybe Brendan doesn't.) They are also getting up there in age--the tabby (Sterling) is almost 14 and the Maine coon (Rhombus) is almost 12.

I'm not sure what we'll do when they kick off--I think we'll take a break from pets for a while, at least until the kids get bigger. (My allergies are also somewhat a factor.) If we were to ever get another cat, though, I'd say Maine coon all the way.

Russian blues are very pretty, too. What kind of kitty do you have?

rootie said...

ooh greek food! If you ever get the chance, this is highly recommended -- go early for best dessert selection!
http://www.saltlakegreekfestival.com/food.html

Annual event -- I won't dispute their claim of 50,000 people -- they have grown very efficient for the magnitude of people and the smallish space. We usually have barely enough frig space for everything we bring home...

Rational Jenn said...

Rootie--wow! That sounds like heaven! If I ever go to Salt Lake City, I'll make it a point to go during this festival. And I'll also make it a point not to eat for a week beforehand!