Thursday, January 03, 2008

Objectivist Round Up

Welcome to the latest (and by late, I mean late-in-the-day, too!) edition of the Objectivist Round Up. If you enjoy the posts you read here today, then you can repay the value you received by promoting the authors and the carnival.

Flibbert presents Advocating a Separation of Government and History posted at Flibbertigibbet, saying, "Following the holidays, most of my posts have focused on the typical blathering about my personal life. I ranted about my sister. I reviewed my resolutions from last year. I talked about my presents. I talked about presents I had to go buy myself. So, I'm choosing for my Carnival submission a truly remarkable post. It's remarkable not just because it's really insightful and all that, but because in it I talk about sports. Football. PRO football even. And there is minimal discussion about how hot Brett Favre and Tom Brady are. No, this post is about John Kerry threatening the NFL with government action if they hadn't let the Giants-Patriots game be on regular cable. Do I know who Roger Goodell is? Yes. Do I know who Don Shula is? Yes. Do I know that John Kerry is a bully and an idjit? Well, if YOU didn't already know, well, this post should help you make up your mind." May I just say that I very much enjoy Flibbert's descriptions of his carnival submissions as much as I enjoy the posts themselves?

Rational Jenn presents The American Community Survey posted at Rational Jenn, saying, "Why I'm not filling out this nosy census form, even at the risk of a fine." I must have touched a nerve because I think a Census Bureau peopleguy--certainly a sympathizer--left a comment on this piece, too.

Myrhaf presents Happy New Year posted at Myrhaf, saying, "I wish readers a happy and prosperous New Year." Sounds like Myrhaf is gearing up for a happy and prosperous year, too. Awesome! My grandparents live in Riverside--wish I could go see them and catch Myrhaf's performance, too. Maybe one of these years!

Gus Van Horn presents Let's NOT Debate Science posted at Gus Van Horn, saying " I haven't had time to clearly formulate what I want to do over the next year, but this is something I wish wouldn't happen! " I thought this was an excellent article. Really, politicians should spend a bit more time with The Constitution and muddling over the concept of Individual Rights, rather than spending time "debating" global warming or evolution. Couldn't agree more.

That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of objectivist round up using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.

Technorati tags:

, .

No comments: