Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Party Time!

A dear friend of mine is having a birthday tomorrow, so we are going to Taverna Plaka tonight to celebrate with Greek food and dancing! How fun is that?

The only snag--it's currently 27 degrees. That's damn cold. Tonight will be even colder, in the teens. While we must endure these occasional bouts of Actual Winter here in the South, I wish we didn't have to endure it on a night when I'm not going to be snuggled up on the couch with hot tea and a blanket.

Speaking of--we snuggled up on the couch last night and watched all SIX, count 'em SIX, episodes of The Office Season One. It was laugh out loud funny, even the episodes we had seen before. I suspect our laughing contributed to The Girl waking up for a bit (but she went back down, yay). Good times. We're going to get the next season, too, and probably the British version (the episodes I've seen of that show are hysterical). We spent rather a lot of time remembering coworkers from days gone by who reminded us of Michael, Jim, Pam, Kevin, Toby, Meredith, Angela, Oscar, Stanley and Phyllis. We couldn't quite decide on anyone who reminds us of Dwight, which is just as well, really. Nope--don't miss my CubicleLand days for the most part, but I do miss some of the silliness I encountered. I'm glad I can find the humor in those days (years) now, as mostly they were crazy and very nearly unendurable.

Anyway, off to call my Greek Dancing Instructor (my friend and neighbor) for a little brushing up on my Kalamatianos moves. Opa!

No comments: