Friday, February 22, 2008

Fours

I picked this one up from Flibbert. Since I'm valiantly struggling with a draft of a post that includes thoughts and brilliance (coming soon!) as well as trying to avoid folding laundry, I am of course simply compelled to do this little meme right now.

Four jobs I have had in my life:
  1. Movie Delivery Peopleguy (it's true!)
  2. Radiation Oncology Billing Peopleguy
  3. Manager o'People (grownup people, that is)
  4. Process Improvement Consultant for a pretty large hospital system

Four movies I would watch over and over:
  1. Desk Set
  2. Arsenic and Old Lace
  3. The Philadelphia Story
  4. Charade

Four TV Shows you may not know that I watch:
  1. American Idol (when I can remember it's on)
  2. Mythbusters
  3. Baking/Cake Decorating competitions on Food Network--love those fancy cakes and pastries!
  4. Sitcom reruns, especially Absolutely Fabulous or Seinfeld

Four places I have been:
  1. Stone Mountain for a 4th of July celebration (The South will rise again!)
  2. On a real live submarine--I was very small and my dad was still in the Navy, but I do have memories of people helping me up and down the hatch. I think it must have been the Polk, SSBN 645.
  3. The Dickens on the Strand celebration in Galveston
  4. Gaslamp District of San Diego

Four of my favorite foods:
  1. Spanakopita
  2. My grandmother's rolls
  3. Godiva Key Lime Truffles
  4. Creamed spinach from Ted's Montana Grill

Four places I would rather be right now:
  1. In bed, asleep (I'm still sick!)
  2. DisneyWorld (always)
  3. On a playdate with Kelly and all the kids
  4. Somewhere not so cold and drizzly with fun friends and family

Four things I am looking forward to this year:
  1. The Final Installment of the Offspring Trilogy (due out June 20th!)
  2. More writing for magazines and on the blog
  3. Rearranging our finances so we can free up some cash
  4. A profitable year for the cabin

So, there it is! Feel free to take it and run with it!

4 comments:

Judy Aron said...

Gosh - I just love reading what's rattling around in your head.

david said...

You have great taste in movies, Jenn -- "The Philadelphia Story" has ranked in my top three or four since always! And his character name - C.K. Dexter Haven - has always been one of my favorite movie names!

And "Arsenic & Old Lace" is one of the most delightfully wicked treats -- I just love the many ways that Cary's face contorts into so many different types of surprise. And his aunts -- so, so very sweet...heh.

Rational Jenn said...

Judy--thanks! We have some of the same tastes, I think--definitely Alan Sherman!

David--You can tell that I love Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn, too! The scene that begins with "Oh C.K. Dexter-Haaaavennn!" is one of my faves of all time. Did you know that Grant and Stewart improvised some of that scene? Brilliant stuff.

I think A&OL is some of the best comedy ever. Bringing Up Baby is great, too. I aspire to be just like his aunties when I grow old--minus the killing of the visitors, of course.

Rational Jenn said...

And of course I meant the aunties from A&OL! Re-reading that--my fingers got away from my brain a bit.