Monday, February 18, 2008

Some Objectivist-Related Updates

Diana Hsieh of NoodleFood has started a new list for those interested in Objectivist activism, called appropriately enough, OActivists. Check out her post introducing the group here. She says in part:

Objectivists must effectively advocate their values in the the forums open to them, if they want to see substantial and enduring change in the values of the culture.


Yes. Part of the reason I started this blog actually was to show whoever might be reading that Objectivists are not all just men and/or computer geeks.* It is a forum for me to advocate my values, and to help me remember to hold to my values at all times. I'm excited to get more involved in other ways, too.

And in other Objectivist news, there is a now a website for ARI's new East Coast location. Very cool! I think this is a really smart move. If you agree, please consider supporting this financially.

And and and, if you haven't already seen it, Yaron Book, the Executive Director of the ARI, has another article in Forbes magazine. The title of the article is "To Stimulate the Economy, Liberate It." Refreshing.

And one more thing--check out the new OBloggers List and Most Recent Posts by OBloggers widget thingies in my sidebar! That would be the work of Kendall J at The Crucible & Column. I'm all impressed--it's dynamic and everything!

*Male Objectivist Computer Geeks--know lots of them, like most of them, married one of them. It's not a derogatory term, honest! But I'm just sayin'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Part of the reason I started this blog actually was to show whoever might be reading that Objectivists are not all just men and/or computer geeks."

Thank you thank you thank you.

NS

david said...

And wouldja believe that most Objectivists (like me!) have a sense of humor, too?

Rational Jenn said...

NS--You're welcome! :o)

David--I saw that book cover and chuckled, too. :o)

Stephen Thomas said...

::chuckles:: Well, it /is/ good to see non-male, non-geek Objectivists out there. I would say "like myself", but, well. I can't exactly do that. ;-)

Diana said...

Thanks for posting about my new list, Jenn.