Saturday, March 08, 2008

Overheard In The Kitchen

Well, we woke up to something more than snow flurries this morning and the kids are so excited! Once I came to consciousness fully and we'd all eaten something, I helped them get dressed (with socks on hands, naturally) and they spent a good 23 minutes out in the back, running around.

Then they came in and the disrobing process began. It's hard, when you're little, and your hands are quite cold, to manipulate buttons and shoe straps and such. But really, they were a little ridiculous.

Ryan started it: "AAARRRGGHH! How do I get these darn damn shoes off?" Because he loves to try to just use the toe of his foot on the heel of the other to remove his shoes.

Me: "Use your hands to open the velcro straps."

Morgan: "How do I get these darn damn shoes off?" Monkey See, Monkey Do.

Me: "Use your hands to open the velcro straps."

Ryan: "BLEEAAARGH! How do I get this stupid darn coat off?" Because, well, I don't really know.

Me: "Use your hands to unzip the zipper and take it off."

Morgan: "How do I get this stupid darn coat off?" Uh-huh.

Me: "Use your hands to undo the buttons, or ask me politely for help."

Ryan: "Help! Help! My underpants came off!"

Me: "Well, put them back on."

Morgan, valiantly attempting to remove her underpants so she could voice the same complaint: "Mom, MOM!"

Me: "Morgan, just keep your underpants on."

Stupid darn damn clothes. I was highly amused. :o)

2 comments:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I just love it! There's nobody more funny than the little ones.

Rational Jenn said...

They are very funny people. Even when they don't know they're being funny.

Really--I never laughed this much at any of my "real" jobs!