Thursday, April 10, 2008

Always Where You Least Expect It

See, this is why I enjoy having kids. Things are never boring or predictable. I've BTDT with boring and predictable and found it to be very meh.

If you had recently lost a credit card (as Brendan had), and had just about given up hope of finding it (but were glad to see nobody had yet charged any liposuction procedures or a surround-sound system for the basement on it), and were going to call the credit card company today to have a replacement sent, where would you expect to find it?

Not in the sandbox, that's for sure! And yet, there it was.

3 comments:

suchlovelyfreckles.com said...

I found mine 24 hours after ordering a new one under the keyboard on my desk. Ugh...

Rational Jenn said...

Oh that must have made you mad! Really, this is a case where being a major procrastinator (hi, honey!) pays off.

Still, it's amazing they found it--my son and his friend--that sandbox is HUGE!

Lostcheerio said...

YES!!! I just *lurrrrve* that feeling of finding that lost card I had given up on, even after I've been through the hastle of replacing it. It just means that I'm NOT crazy, that I haven't hurled it out the window on the freeway or shoved it inadvertantly into the garbage disposal -- and usually it's in a place that means it was obviously NOT MY FAULT that I lost it! *cackle* Can you tell I have had this experience multiple times? Multiple, yes.