Wednesday, April 02, 2008


King Tutankhamen is heading to Atlanta in 2009 (registration required)! I CAN'T WAIT!

My sis saw him when he was in Chicago--you wanna come to Atlanta and see him again?!?!?!

We got to see Ramses I here in Atlanta before they sent him back to Egypt and that was pretty neat. But KING TUT! I'm all a-swoon!


Ute said...

I obviously live in the wrong state or something. No fancy pharaoh ever visits Portland. *sigh* I'm a little jealous now.

COD said...

We saw the Tut exhibition in Philadelphia last year. Awesome.

Rational Jenn said...

Ute--come on down! '09 baby! I've never been to Portland (if you're talking about OR--I've been to the one in Maine) but I have friends from high school up there now and they love it. It's on my list of places to go.

COD--So it was good, huh? I'm beyond excited--I think all the Ancient Egypt stuff is very very cool and I've read all about Howard Carter and Tut's discovery and the Valley of the Kings and oh so many geeky things. I was disappointed not to make it up to Chicago, but the stars have aligned in my favor, evidently! Oh no--just had a horrible thought--I need to check the date on the article and make sure it wasn't an April Fool's joke. Because that would be so mean.

Jennifer B said...

Took the kids to see the exhibit in Philly last year. Great exhibit, albeit difficult to go to with small children! We got VIP tickets as pat of a hotel package and that was especially nice b/c we got to cut right to the front of the line. (I've never done that before!) Enjoy the exhibit!

Anonymous said...

Jenn: I'll go in Atlanta if you come up to Indy afterwards to see him again! At The Children's Museum directly after Atlanta!

OR -- we can go for your birthday this year!!!!

And, I'll only go with you if we can bring your son because, OMG, how awesome would HE be at a King Tut exhibit!