Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Patrick Stewart in Macbeth

Macbeth is one of my favorite Shakespeare plays. It's spooky and bloody, with some plain old insanity thrown in for fun. Very Buffy-esque, now that I think about it.

It's chock full of some good verse, too. I've always thought "Dagger of the Mind" would be an excellent title for a murder-mystery, although now that I've searched the phrase, I have just learned that it was the title for a Star Trek (original series) episode. How interesting.

And speaking of Star Trek tie-ins to Macbeth, Patrick Stewart is starring in the play on Broadway and it's supposed be awesome. Wish I could see it. If you do go and watch it, please write to tell me what you think of it.

HT: My sister, who is a big old brat because she already saw this in LONDON!!!! :o)


Jason Simms said...

Dagger of the Mind also used to be the name of my band. We perform Shakespeare plays set to metal in full costume. We recently changed our name to the Metal Shakespeare Company to be more self-explanatory and because that Star Trek episode was hogging all the good Google space (as you discovered).

Rational Jenn said...

Well now that certainly sounds interesting! Let me know if you're ever in Atlanta, because I am curious and will check it out.

And I just knew that "Dagger of the Mind" had to be a band!