Monday, May 05, 2008

I Knew It!

A recent study has shown that parents are stricter with their firstborns than with subsequent children.

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! I was screwed! I forged the way and fought the battles. I toiled and pushed and possibly even bled some.

You two--and you know who you are--you owe me big time! You . . . you . . . you . . . coasters, you!

By the way--I have no idea if this study is valid or not--but I'm going with it because it supports my own confirmation bias, as I am obviously the oldest! :o)

Via ODonnellWeb


Flibbert said...

You shouldn't be upset with them, though. These findings coincide nicely with my own studies which show that first borns are the most awesome.

Middle kids are fun and if the youngest ones weren't so pretty they would have to be left on a mountainside somewhere to fend for themselves. said...

Yep, it's true. And I know this because my mom admitted to it. :) And apologized for having me sit on my potty for hours on end when I was only 13 months old. Well, I don't recall any of this, so I have forgiven them. And even in the later years... well, it was what it was. Simple as that.

As for my own kids... I'm not sure what I do. My oldest doesn't live with me. Plus she is 6 years old than my second. But I'm thinking that I might be a little stricter with my 7 year old than I am with my 5 year old. Ugh! What to do???

Mamique said...

LOL! So true (I'm a first born, too!)

The worst of it is that I know I'm doing the same with my own kids. Even though there is only 18 months difference between them, my younger one seems like she's just a baby (I can't expect much from her, right?) and I think I pretty much forgot everything I did when my older one was her age, lol. OK, I really shouldn't laugh. I need to figure this out!