Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Every year, my most fervent wish for Mother's Day is to be able to sleep in past 9. It doesn't happen often. (UPDATE: I originally typed "8" but really meant "9"! Brendan would like everyone to know that I DO get to sleep past 8 on a regular basis. It's true!)

Here is my Mother's Day track record with getting to sleep in:

2002: 3 week old baby, self-explanatory
2003: 1 year old woke me up at 5--don't remember why, just remember that it happened.
2004: SLEPT IN!
2005: 6 week old baby, self-explanatory
2006: Ryan fell headfirst into the hot tub at our vacation cabin. (Brendan was right there to rescue him.) Awakened to blood curdling screams at 6:45 am.
2007: Brendan had a diabetes incident that required 911 assistance at 7 am. :o(
2008: SLEPT IN!

So, once every 3 or 4 years seems to be about what I can expect. Woo-hoo! I'm living the dream baby!

Also, 3 year olds are very funny people. The gift that Brendan ordered did not arrive yesterday as planned. Both kids were eager to tell me what it was, so Brendan reminded them that it was a secret. Morgan was obviously conflicted about what to do so she whispered to me very softly:

"It's an iPod. It's Green. Your favorite color."

And then looked up expectantly at Brendan, as if to say, "How'd I do?"

Too funny.


Flibbert said...

Ok. Please give the little one a big hug from us for being so frikkin' adorable!!!

Flibbert said...


Rational Jenn said...

Thanks, Flibbert! I hug on that one all the time because she's so delicious, but I managed to squeeze an extra one in on your behalf.


Kim said...

Hey, An iPod. Pretty cool. Happy Mother's Day!

Rational Jenn said...

Kim, Happy Mom's Day to you, too! I'll let you know about my iPod when it arrives--I'm sure I'll like it a lot, especially after baby gets here.