Monday, May 19, 2008

Opa! And Other Things

We had a nice, fun-filled weekend of birthday celebrating, and bike riding (both kids got bikes and are enjoying them muchly), and the Marietta Greek Festival (yum), and doing things around the house. Morgan is now taking swimming lessons (as of last Friday) and with the biking, has been unusually physically active in the past several days and thus more cranky by the end of the day. But she goes RIGHT to sleep. Awesome.

Now I'm in super-crazy-whirlwind-organizing mode because this baby is a month out. With every passing day, it's harder for me to bend over to pick things up off the floor or empty the dryer, so I have an acute sense of Needing To Do Things Today Lest Tomorrow I Cannot Reach. I'm starting to bump into things and children with my belly and can't see my feet going down the stairs. With my third-time-around wisdom, I know that this won't last forever--and then the REAL work and discomfort will set in! (But he'll be cute, and thus, worth it.)

I was talking to Ryan the other day about how the baby is almost here, and you can tell because my belly is getting bigger, and he remarked, "I know! Your belly is bigger than your breastses, and you know that's big!" It just killed me. He's always been a boob man.



Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I'm glad you've had a good weekend with the Greek festival and birthday celebration.

I remember that stage of pregnancy. My husband would say to me, "How are you?" and I would say "Gestating." We called it the !!! phase. By the last month I was always past the "woman who built a boat in her basement and was wondering how to get it out stage" and into the "Come, on baby, don't you want to get out that crowded little condo like soon?" stage.

Good luck with it all! :)

Rational Jenn said...

Thanks! I like your answer: "Gestating!" Because that's ALL I'm doing any more, it feels like. If I could just get some sleep!

With the scheduled c-section, I can enjoy knowing there's an end date and that it's 8 days earlier than the due date, but now I'm living with the anxiety that he might come too early! Not that I don't want it to be over, but I also like to Plan For Things. :o)

4 weeks from today. It won't be long!