Thursday, May 15, 2008

Which Punctuation Mark Am I?

You Are a Colon

You are very orderly and fact driven.

You aren't concerned much with theories or dreams... only what's true or untrue.

You are brilliant and incredibly learned. Anything you know is well researched.

You like to make lists and sort through things step by step. You aren't subject to whim or emotions.

Your friends see you as a constant source of knowledge and advice.

(But they are a little sick of you being right all of the time!)

You excel in: Leadership positions

You get along best with: The Semi-Colon

Hmmm..."brilliant and incredibly learned," "constant source of knowledge and advice," "excels in leadership positions." Yes, that sounds JUST like me!

(I am concerned with theories though.)

And you like it when I'm right--it doesn't make you sick at all. No. It doesn't.

Via Spark A Synapse


Kelly Elmore said...

Who would have thought? I'm an exclamation!! Here's what it says about me:

You are a bundle of... well, something.
You're often a bundle of joy, passion, or drama.

You're loud, brash, and outgoing. If you think it, you say it.
Definitely not the quiet type, you really don't keep a lot to yourself.

You're lively and inspiring. People love to be around your energy.
(But they do secretly worry that you'll spill their secrets without even realizing it.)

You excel in: Public speaking

You get along best with: the Dash

Can't wait to see what Aaron's is. I suspect he is a semi-colon, since he is a male copy of Jenn. I obviously really like semi-colon types.


Kelly Elmore said...

I mistyped. I suspected Aaron would be a colon, like you Jenn. If my taking the quiz on his behalf is accurate, he is!

Do you know that at first when I saw your blog, I thought you had posted a quiz about what part of the digestive system you would be? I was like "Gross!"


Rational Jenn said...

You're right--I'm absolutely shocked that you are an exclamation point! Had no way of seeing THAT coming. ;o)

And yes, I was a little concerned that my score could also be a body part, but then I read all about how brilliant I am and quickly forgot about my concerns!

C. August said...

I'm a colon too. So is Gus Van Horn. Weird.

Kelly Elmore said...

Colon must track with INTJ, the official Objectivist personality type.

C. August said...

Kelly, I think someone needs to make a quiz like that.

"What Part of the Human Digestive Tract Are You?"

"You are the duodenum!
You're OK with not being in the spotlight, and are content with hiding in the shadows behind attention whores like the stomach.

However, you don't shy away from the tough jobs, and can handle the worst life can throw at you (stomach acid, bile from the gall bladder, pancreatic juices.)

You also work well with others.

You get along best with jejunum."

Cogito said...

INTJ? Somehow I don't see Objectivism and introversion going so well together... And let's not even touch intuition. I'd go with ESTJ. Not that I've ever taken the test, but just from the actual meanings of the words. Maybe ESTP, but probably ESTJ.

Rational Jenn said...

C--Duodenum. That is hysterical. Bonus points for you, definitely.

Cogito--It's been a while since I've taken the Myers-Briggs personality test, but I think that the N for Intuition means something along the lines of "theoretical or abstract" and not really what I would normally think, which would be "uses feelings as a tool of cognition." I think has a good online test. It's a fun little distraction, particularly if you have much laundry to do!