Saturday, June 21, 2008

Gus Is Here!

Sean Riordan Casey (aka "Gus") arrived yesterday at 4:21 pm! He is 20 inches long, and weighed in at 8 pounds, 2 ounces. Not the 9 and a half pounder my doc told me to expect, but a nicely sized babe, if I do say so myself.

He didn't want to come out, and it took the combined efforts of 3 doctor/nurse peopleguys to get him out of there--feet first. It was seriously a strange experience to be able to hear the docs grunting with such exertion, trying to yank him out--Brendan said one of them was actually sweating! It was wild--and I'm definitely feeling the effects today. In addition to normal post-c-section issues, I feel a little bit like this guy. :o)

He is super cute and has lots of hair (for a baby related to me or Brendan or anyone in our families). Looks like a combo of Ryan and Morgan--definitely Ryan in the nose, and rather a Morgan-y chin. We've taken many pictures, but I doubt I can load them until we get home, but I will try to get one up very soon.

Sean spent his first day on Earth learning to nurse (he's quite excellent at it), snuggling up with Brendan and me, and being the center of attention for us and our many visitors. None admired him more than the Big Brother and Big Sister. They are so very excited, but are understandably fixated on when we are coming home. Evidently, they had a most excellent slumber party last night--I believe Nonnie and Auntie were just a leeetle bit tired today!

So we are all very happy and very, very tired! It's amazing that he's here--I've been thinking about what I might write in this post since we found out that I was pregnant. And now I've written it. For the third time, our lives will never be the same. In a wonderful sense, of course!

Thanks again for the happy thoughts. I'll keep you posted as I can!

20 comments:

Deb said...

I've been checking in at various points to see if there was any word. So glad it went well! What lovely names: Ryan, Morgan, and now Sean. Congratulations. Please take care of yourself. And, we readers should let you take a break from pithy commentary for the next while. Photos, though, when they appear, will be ooohed and aaaahed over :-)

Darren said...

Congrats, Jenn! I'm happy to hear everything went well!

Shez said...

Mazal Tov! Most impressive that you are already blogging so soon after the little bean's arrival.

LB said...

Yay! I've been thinking about you all day (fellow triple c-sectioner). I'm so glad all went well and you can now regale us with your experiences and delight!

Congratulations.

Lynne (& Stephen)

LB said...

Sorry. I meant to say,
Welcome to the world, Sean Riordan Casey!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and welcome to Sean! Enjoy your newest arrival!
Best wishes...
Jen

Allergy Mom said...

Congratulations! Libby

Flibbert said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Kelly said...

Congrats! Glad to hear all is well!

Monica said...

Welcome to the world, Sean!

Diana Hsieh said...

Congratulations, Jenn!

Stella said...

Congratulations! Yay, baby!

Mrs. C said...

Congrats and welcome to Sean!!!

Kim said...

Congratulations, momma for the third-time! So glad for you all.

objectivistDad said...

Congratulations!

Ergo said...

Congratulations Jenn! Looking forward to the pics. :)

cathy said...

Congratulations!

heroicdreams said...

Congratulations! I hope this will make for long lasting happiness :)

Gus Van Horn said...

Congratulations!

-- The Other Gus

Nicholas Provenzo said...

Whoohoo! Congratulations to both mother and newborn babe!