I got my wish and none of us had to go to the doctor for the rest of the week, wasn't that nice? On Friday, we had swimming lessons and then went to a friend's house in the afternoon. We usually spend Fridays with them and it's one of our most-looked-forward-to activities all week. Nobody got a haircut this time, but Morgan did get a professional to fix her uneven areas on Thursday. :o)
Mostly, we've been hiding from the heat this weekend--it's just too ridiculously hot for the beginning of June! I don't know how women with babies due in July, August, and September can stand it.
Speaking of Mr. Baby, anyone care to guess how big he'll be? Can't really do a date pool, since the scheduled c-section takes that element of surprise out of the equation. A silver lining of sorts. So if you would like some bragging rights, make a guess and leave me a comment! Here's some pertinent info:
- The surgery is scheduled for the afternoon of June 20. His "official" due date is June 28, which puts him arriving 8 days early.
- I was 8 pounds, 10 ounces (more or less on time).
- Brendan was 8 pounds, 8 ounces (2 weeks late).
- Ryan was 7 pounds, 5 ounces (2 weeks late).
- Morgan was 8 pounds, 3 ounces (8 days early).
- The doctor told me that this baby was "going to be big" and was already "nearly 5 pounds" about a month ago when I had an ultrasound.
- Keep in mind, though, that they told me that Ryan would be 8 1/2 pounds and that Morgan would be 9 pounds. Honestly, I don't place much stock in those ultrasound predictions, but I'm certainly not expecting a 6 1/2 pound baby either.
- I also believe that it's generally the case that first babies weigh the least.
So there you go! Fun and Games at Rational Jenn!