Sometimes, when you're a baby:
- People take away that warm diaper and replace it with a not-so-cozy (but clean!) one. You might be upset by this. You might even think the world is ending. Then you'll forget all about it until the next diaper change (often, just 5 minutes away).
- Your adoring Big Brother holds his latest LEGO creations about a millimeter from your (not-quite-working) eyeballs and 'splains what it is in a voice usually reserved for folks who are hard-of-hearing. You are not hard-of-hearing, so this is always very surprising.
- OMG! There are lights on the ceiling! They're everywhere!
- People smell the top of your head and pronounce you "delicious."
- People just touch you everywhere, all the time. You're not aware that you have such things as arms and legs and a back, so every gentle stroke is a big surprise and makes you flinch and squirm.
- You get kisses all the time.
- Sometimes, you get licked on your forehead by your adoring Big Sister, who has been under the impression that she is a puppy for the last 3 months. And of course, how do dogs give kisses? By licking.
Like I said: amusing. :o)