Thursday, July 31, 2008

Today Is Saturday!

In honor of my brother-in-law's visit (he got here yesterday), we have decided to begin our weekend a bit early. So, today is Saturday and tomorrow is Sunday. You have my permission to adopt our new time table if you want!

Since Brendan is taking the day off of work (it's Saturday, you know!), I hope to be able to write a bit more later today. There's just ever so many things on my mind.

Meanwhile, don't miss the Saturday latest edition of the Objectivist Round Up at Titanic Deck Chairs. Good stuff.

Also, I forgot to mention that someone from the Census Bureau visited the blog the other day, continuing our every couple of weeks trend. A friend of mine recently pointed out that I'm pretty high in some of the Google searches for things like "American Community Survey" and "Just say NO to ACS" and such like. Go. ME. That just warms and fuzzies me all the way to my toes! :o)

Oh oh oh! Did you hear the latest? The Tales of Beedle the Bard is set to be published at the end of the year! What awesome news! And how nice of Ms. Rowling to give US a gift on her birthday (and Harry's, too). (And how dorky of me to have noticed, I know!)

And by the way, even though I'm super behind on email and responding to blog comments, I wanted to let you know that I am reading them and thank you and I'm really not trying to be rude. And I appreciate your understanding!

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday. I know I will!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn--

I have to tell you that a name change is in order. Rational Jenn is cool, certainly, but you should go by something more like Funnilarious Jenn or Peein Funny Jenn or Comical PeopleGuy Jenn.

I'll let you decide, but a name change is a must.

I enjoy your stories. Thanks for sharing.

Very Serious about Laughing Dave

Anonymous said...

And while I'm at it, I think your Friday is Saturday thing is brilliant and would like to share with you how I handle Christmas in my home. I take the week of Christmas off. And if Christmas does not fall on Saturday, then we celebrate it on Saturday (or Sunday if we need a day to put some polish on the abundance.) Woo Hoo! That way the kids and I get to play with all of the toys for the whole week.

Very Serious about Switching up Christmas Dave

Allergy Mom said...

Hah! At least the govt employees reading your blog are doing something work related. The visits from alphabet soup agencies (GAO, NASA, NOAA, and DOJ to name a few) that my sitemeter picks up usually come in by way of a google search for a tilapia recipe! Libby