Monday, July 21, 2008

Weird Question Of The Day

Ryan: "Mom, are we going to go to a funeral soon?"

Me: "Well, I sure hope not. Why?"

Ryan: "Because I want to go to one."

Me: "Oh. Why?"

Ryan: "Because if we go to a funeral to say goodbye to someone, there might be a skeleton there and that would be pretty cool!"

Me: " . . . "

This is how our day began, and it's only gotten stranger from there, including discussions about the Trojan Horse and whether or not there were tons of skeletons at Troy. (Brendan read him one book about the Trojan Horse about three months ago and evidently he's been thinking on it ever since.)

6 comments: said...

Interesting, how it sometimes seems to take forever until they spill something like that. :)

objectivistDad said...

When our son was about 5, he thought that when people die, they become skeletons immediately. We only realized it because his granny died and he expressed surprise when he saw her in her coffin, and explained that he thought she would be a skeleton.

Mrs. C said...

Oh, how weird, I just blogged about how to make your OWN Trojan Horse a bit ago ... hang on... OK here's the link!!!!

Get your shoe box ready for battle :]

Allergy Mom said...

Jenn, I know you're as big of a Joss Whedon geek as I am, so I had to tell you about this. Remember "Buffy the Musical?"

Libby :-)

Rational Jenn said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone. I did have to 'splain that skeletons don't happen right away--that was fun, let me tell you. I can tell he's considering everything we discussed and will bring it up again in the future--could be tomorrow or in 3 months, could be here or loudly at the grocery store!

Mrs. C--thanks for the Trojan Horse link! We're going to try that one for sure!

And Libby--WE JUST WATCHED DR. HORRIBLE LAST NIGHT! That's too funny you mentioned it. It's on my list of things to blog about. We're getting back to normal here, so hopefully my blogging can get back on track, too.

Ta for now!

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Hi, Jenn,

I know Ryan was interested in our road construction project. It is finally finished and I have the photos up over at my blog.

He's such a wonderfully bright kid who has no fear of thinking about things in his own, kid way! I had to smile at your "..." response!