Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Surreal Moment Of The Day

Oh, I have been missing quite a bit of sleep with this baby of late. It's somewhat easier to deal with--I am quite accustomed to lack of sleep by now, but it does catch up with me after several days in a row.

So I was sleepily throwing some laundry in the washer this morning, when Ryan came up and said:

"I'll help you out, Mom!"

Errr? Was this a blissful dream? No. Was the child feverish? No.

He just . . . offered to help me and then proceeded to throw laundry into the washer! No, really!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

That's so cool! Didn't you once say Ryan is unusually perceptive? Maybe he was feelin' your pain/sleeplessness!

Hope you can get some sleep soon.

suchlovelyfreckles said...

How sweet. :)
My son loves doing laundry. Don't ask where he gets it. Certainly not from me. But he just loves to throw stuff in the washer/dryer. And if I let him carry the full laundry basket up the stairs (while I'm walking closely behind him) he'll be the happiest camper on the planet.
:)

Sending some sleepy vibes to the baby... and then to you.

Rational Jenn said...

Thanks for your comments, Kelly and SLFreckles! Yes, Ryan is unusually and highly and amazingly perceptive. It's nice that he used those powers for good instead of evil! :o)