Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I'm Brillante!

At least Kristi at Soaring Mountains Academy thinks so! Shortly before I left for the beach, I found out that she nominated me for a Brillante Weblog Premio 2008 Award because--get this--she thinks I'm funny.

How thrilling! I am so happy to learn that I make someone else giggle once in a while, too. In fact, I am re-inspired to take that stand up comedy class. Maybe once things chill a bit around here (see post just below this one). But still.

So thank you very much, Kristi! I really appreciate it!

In order to accept the award, I must nominate seven other blogs that I find interesting. Here goes, and in no particular order (and it's entirely possible they've already been nominated for this award):

Titanic Deck Chairs--Thoughtful, well-researched commentary by an Objectivist (and good friend) up in Boston.

Gus Van Horn--Thoughtful, well-researched commentary by an Objectivist (no, I don't know him in person) who is moving up to Boston soon.

Noodlefood--Amazing and just great team blog by Objectivists. (I don't believe any of the contributors lives in or is planning to move to Boston.)

Allergy Moms--Great up-to-date info on the latest in the food allergy world. I don't think she's in Boston either.

Ragamuffin Studies
--Homeschooling (or not so much anymore) and general education and life in general commentary. Elisheva is a very interesting person and I'd love to meet her one day. Her blog also has lovely pictures of New Mexico and construction projects. Boston? Dunno--perhaps she's visited?

Culinary Media Network--Fancy podcasts and pictures and recipes--they will take over the culinary world one day. I am jealous every second of all those travels and food experiences. :o) (Waving to Jennifer, who, for all I know, is as likely to be in Boston right at this moment as she is likely to be anywhere else in the world!)

3 Ring Binder--Another Objectivist homeschooling mom, who, as it turns out, has a lot more in common with me than just those things. Oh, and she's near Boston.

This list of Seven is by no means an exhaustive list of all of the blogs I (try to) keep up with. But they are blogs that I generally check every day and enjoy very muchly. Nominees: feel free to accept or not--no pressure, really. Just know that I'm a fan!


Diana Hsieh said...

Thanks for the plug! FYI, NoodleFood does have a Boston connection: Paula Hall lives in Brookline. (Paul went to college in Boston too.)

LB said...

You like me! You really like me!

I'll try not to take it too personally because I know I was a shoe-in being that I'm close enough to Boston to drop my terminal r's on occasion.

But it's an onnah just to be nominated - thanks, Jenn. I'll have to come up with seven of my own nominees laydah.

Jennifer B said...

Congrats! I'll have to visit these unfamiliar bloggers. I have been visiting Allergy Moms religiously since our PA diagnosis. She deserves much credit. A good pick!

Gus Van Horn said...

I'm happy to see myself included among these "Boston Brahman Bloggers"!

Or should that be "Blogging Boston Brahmans"?

In any event, thanks!

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

hey, Jenn,

Thanks for the nomination! I am delighted!

We do have a Boston connection, though it is tenuous. In 2004, the Boychick and the Engineering Geek won a turn-around cruise on the USS Constitution. It was a great trip! We have an astronomer friend in Medford (she works in Boston proper) and we stayed with her. She comes out to stay with us occasionally as well!